Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

Aug 7- 13

8/7: 1hr run with Sveta (my inimitable sibling) where we got hopelessly lost in the enchanted suburbia that is Ashburn. Best part was running through back packing lot of church trying to find out way back. Yes on Sunday. Yes, weaving through dozens of nice-looking people. We were not dressed for church. I hope they did not judge us.8/8-9: Rest
8/10: 2.8mi run with Dave. He is draaaaaggging butt that dog! Too slow!
8/11: Trapeze class, 3hrs. I almost didn't put this here but it made me sore so it counts! We also did silk ropes (at which I was not bad but also not as great as I thought) and trampoline (at which I was godawful).

8/12: 2 mi walk w/ Dave. Yes walk - it was HOT he would've died if I made him run. :/

8/13: SealFit Palomar with Megan. Um...she's a firefighter. This was... It WAS, ok? 2.5hrs long and I skipped the 3mi run at the end! Here's the workout from their website:

Baseline: ROM Drills. Run 800M, then 21 – 15 – 9 wall balls (14#), push-ups

Work Capacity: for time:

  • 5 x Man-Makers (50#), 15 x Curtis P (75#), Run 400M
  • 10 x Man Makers (40#), 10 x Curtis P, Run 800M
  • 15 x Man Makers (40#), 5 x Curtis P, Run 1 mile

Strength: 10 – 8 – 6 – 4 – 3 – 3 – 3 Front Squat (My max was just 105#... I think I could've done more but was definitely scared by the next section...)

Stamina: Chipper: 15 x FS @ 90% of 3RM, 75 x jumping back squats (65/45#), 6 x sprint starts.

Durability: (3 mile run @ moderate pace)-CUT. 100 x sit-ups, plank hold 2 x 3 minutes. Active Stretch or Yoga

  • What is a Man Maker? --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gczI5sINn9U
  • WTF is a Curtis P (Curtis Press)? --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLff8fhPIQg
They should be called Jello-Makers...cos that's how my legs felt the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment