Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

Aug 14 - 20


8/14: 6.5mi run with stroller. Yes I miscalculated the distance. Doing this the day after Palomar was inadvisable, but this is how I roll. Inadvisably!

8/15: Legs are done (stick a fork in them, etc.) so this had to be an upper body (i.e. Monkey) day. Warm-up on monkey bars (just 2 lengths) and then 100 pull ups, 100 push ups, 50 KTEs, and 10 L-pull-ups. I did the main set in this weird paired pyramid, which made it more palatable:

Round 1: 10 pull ups, 20 push ups
Round 2: 10 pull ups, 20 push ups
Round 3: 15 pull ups, 15 push ups
Round 4: 15 pull ups, 15 push ups
Round 5: 20 pull ups, 10 push ups
Round 6: 20 pull ups, 10 push ups
Round 7: 10 pull ups, 10 push ups

The one-arm pull ups are basically one hand on horiz bar and other hand on the vertical bar to assist. It's still hard but..well, doable!

8/16: 3.1mi run with stroller, 2 good hills.
8/17-8/18: Nothing..lazy and busy with chores. Every time I want to take Nat out for a jog, it starts to rain. God must be telling me to sit here and eat cookies.

8/20: Xfit and stairs with Nikki! Wahoo! I haven't touched bars with any seriousness since I went into my 3rd trimester. We worked on snatches and cleans for at least an hour.
This is what a snatch end position is supposed to look like ----->

And this is what I actually looked like:










Then we did a workout like this: (for time, no rest)
Round 1: 21 Deadlifts, 21 Box jumps
Round 2: 15 of each
Round 3: 9 of each

I was only using #135 with the DL but it was still hard and I still tore my stupid hands. Nikki was swinging around a kettlebell for her DLs like a lumberjack on crack and finished in record time. In retrospect maybe that would have been easier on the blisters... Chalk, where were you! Cleared 24 inches on the box, but have to work on jumping off...would've been faster.




THEN we went to Exorcist stairs for 5 laps on that beast. The 75 stairs and its three landings are the equivalent of a five story building (but we tried to not focus on that).

Then we went to buy furniture. Nikki - I should count that stroll up 2 flights with the couch as Step #3 of Saturday Madness, no? :] (that is a nerd smile)

No comments:

Post a Comment